Dream It. Do It. Tennessee creates awareness among young people and those who influence their career decisions about the outstanding training and job opportunities that exist in advanced manufacturing today.
It was co-founded by the Tennessee Chamber of Commerce & Industry and the University of Tennessee Center for Industrial Services, as a result of an ongoing need to fill the hundreds of job vacancies that go unfilled each year in advanced manufacturing, and to encourage a new generation of young adults into the exciting and lucrative world of manufacturing in Tennessee.
Dream It. Do It. Tennessee
- Aligns educational and workforce training resources with the most pressing demands of area industry
- Redefines manufacturing to young people and their parents, their teachers, and the community
- Establishes and promotes regional collaborations in support of manufacturing and advanced manufacturing careers
- Targets young adults age 16–26
- Supports Tennessee’s “Drive to 55” program designed to motivate Tennesseans to achieve college degrees or certifications to 55% by the year 2025.